GET YOUR BREW ON!
The arduous labour of sourcing and meticulously combining the ingredients while waiting patiently for weeks on end make the flavour so much stronger and the payoff that much greater.
If you consider yourself a home brew connoisseur put your skills to the test by entering the Tamworth BrewFest Home Brewing Competition. The competition will be judged by reputable industry experts where the winner will be awarded $1,000 cash.
There is something extra special about drinking a beer which you yourself have brewed in the comfort of your own home. Even more so when you invite your mates around for a BBQ and cheers each other with your signature brew commenting on what you would do differently and brainstorming your next batch.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2017.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
This competition is limited to fifty (50) entrants with each entrant providing one (1) beer for judging. The judging will take place under these three categories:
- GRAND CHAMPION
A grand champion will be declared and must be true to a recognised beer style as per the 2015 Brewers Association Guidelines.
- KIT & KILO
For the novice home brewer who utilises off the shelf home brew kits (1kg hopped wort, 1kg sugar/dextrose)
- MOST UNUSUAL/INNOVATIVE
This category does not sit in any recognised style.
To ensure you are eligible to enter, you as the entrant must meet the following criteria:
- You must be over the age of 18 years.
- You cannot enter if you have brewed and sold beers commercially.
- Your homebrew must not have been brewed at a facility that brews beverages for commercial purposes.
- The person/s whose name is on the entry must have brewed the entry and if others have helped with the brewing process must acknowledge all of those involved.
- The same beer cannot be entered more than once.
- Entries without required criteria may be ineligible.
- Submissions with labels that become unreadable or come off during unpacking or handling may be ineligible.
- You may enter any beer style you like.
- You can enter only once.
- Your brewed beer entry MUST be delivered to West Tamworth League Club reception by 8pm Wednesday 8th November. Judging will take place at the Malt Shovel Brewery by Charles (Chuck) Hahn and the James Squire Brewers.
- By entering this competition you agree to the Tamworth BrewFest organisers (West Tamworth League Club Ltd) publishing judging results, names and photos of the winners for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Failure to meet these entry conditions may result in disqualification.